Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Roasted Turkey Salad with Apples & Blackberries

I have a favorite salad, which I changed a little bit tonight.  I added blackberries & used a simple lemon vinaigrette & loved the result!  (I forgot to take pictures, but I'm sure you know what salad looks like!)
INGREDIENTS
The salad
4 oz
Roasted turkey, cubed (or fresh nitrate-free deli meat)
3 cups
Lettuce (I used 3 large romaine leaves)
1
Apple, diced
1
Green onion, chopped
Some
Shredded carrots
1
Stalk celery, chopped
Handful
Blackberries
6-8
Toasted pecans, chopped

Lemon vinaigrette
1
Lemon, juiced
6-7
Thyme sprigs, leaves only
Pinch
Salt
Pinch
Sugar
?
Olive or grapeseed oil, volume to match lemon juice quantity
1 tsp
Dijon mustard

PREPARATION
1.  Mix up the salad ingredients.
2.  Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together.  Toss the salad with 1-2 Tbsp of dressing.

Enjoy!


Thank you for leaving a comment, if you choose to.  I read each one, & genuinely appreciate your feedback!  
Following Eat Right For Your Type?  Click here to jump to Dr. D'Adamo's Typebase Index to see how the ingredients in this recipe work for you.
Do you want to learn more about the Blood Type Diet?  See the links I have posted in the left column of this site under the heading "Learn More About the Blood Type Diet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments or suggestions, please share them!