Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ORANGE GINGER STEAK STIR-FRY


This orange ginger beef stir-fry is simple & delicious!   We ate it for dinner over brown rice, & I have some packed for lunch tomorrow.

INGREDIENTS (I had a 0.8lb package of meat)
Yield = 4-6 servings
Marinade/Sauce
2-3
Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp
Fresh ginger, finely minced (2 ~thumb-sized chunks)
2
Oranges, juiced.  Zest 1 of the oranges
3 Tbsp
Tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1/8 tsp
Crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp
Honey
Stir-Fry
~1 lb
Lean steak (I used flank), sliced in ½” strips (cut against the grain)
4
Carrots, sliced
Use whatever vegetables you like for stir-fry; I used what was in my fridge.
1
Head broccoli, cut in pieces
1
Zucchini, cut in strips or how you prefer
1
Bell pepper, sliced
4
Green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp
Olive oil
To taste
salt

PREPARATION
1.  If you are serving this with rice, start the rice.
2.  Mix all of the marinade ingredients except the honey together (Yields ~ 1 cup)

3.  Add ½ of the marinade to the sliced steak & let it marinate for about 10-15 min.  Reserve the rest of the marinade.  Add the honey to the reserved marinade & mix well.


4.  While the meat marinates, prepare the vegetables.  (I used my new 9-cup food processor to cut the veggies & make the marinade.  Ten years ago, if anyone told me I'd be excited about a food processor, I would have laughed at them.  I love it though!)


5.  In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil.  Add the meat, & cook for about 3 min, turning frequently.  Once cooked, remove from the plan.

6.  Add all of the vegetable to the pan & cook about 3 min, stirring frequently.  After 3 min, add the reserved marinade.  After another minute, return the meat to the pan & mix well.


 7.  Serve as is, or over rice.


Enjoy!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

YOU DON’T HAVE A ZESTER OR JUICER? 

Thank you for leaving a comment, if you choose to.  I read each one, & genuinely appreciate your feedback!  
Following Eat Right For Your Type?  Click here to jump to Dr. D'Adamo's Typebase Index to see how the ingredients in this recipe work for you.
Do you want to learn more about the Blood Type Diet?  See the links I have posted in the left column of this site under the heading "Learn More About the Blood Type Diet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments or suggestions, please share them!